FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES
We have a sports field, library/media centre, hall and spacious classrooms. All our “little elephants” enjoy the facilities.
Our classrooms are filled with puzzles, books and a variety of games that help us learn letters, sounds, colours, shapes and numbers. We do activities that make the muscles in our hands stronger. All skills we need when we go to Gr1.
We have a fantasy and creative area in the classroom that plays a huge role in developing life skills. We have three playgrounds and a big shaded grass play area .
There is so much to do outside….
Climbing the jungle gym, which is under a big old oak tree providing shade for our hot summer days.
Building sandcastles and tunnels in the sandpit
Measuring capacity through the water-play trough.
We take the children on many fun and educational outings: Elephant Park, Birds of Eden, Reptile Park, Police Station, Fire Station, Veterinary Clinic, Bakery and many more.
While the learners are able to express themselves freely through their creativity and play, they are developing important areas such as gross and fine-motor skills, eye-hand coordination, problem solving and social skills.
Optional activities during school time
- Dinky Karate
- Music class with percussion instruments
- Ballet lessons
- Rugby / Netball
Special Annual Events
- Mother’s and Father’s day
- Pikkie Camp
- Open Day
- Sports day: Knysna Primary Pre-Primary hosts an inter-preprimary sports day.
- Eisteddfod: Every second year the Grade R’s take part in the Eisteddfod. They receive diplomas that reward their efforts.
- Spring Fun Run: Children are challenged to complete as many laps around our beautiful grounds as possible. Each lap is sponsored by family and friends. It is amazing to see their determination and perseverance.
- Concert: We end the academic year with a concert that all learners participate in. Their enthusiasm, enjoyment and self-confidence is something we all view with pride.
- Grade R Graduation: We have the Grade R graduation at the end of their Grade R year. It is a prestige event and we are very proud of our little ones getting ready for Grade 1.
These take place weekly in the school hall and cover Christian values and enrichment programmes.
Monday: Traditional assembly
Friday: Character building using puppets and persona dolls to tackle important issues
At Knysna Primary Pre-Primary we believe, that an important part of a child’s education is that they learn to become involved in the upliftment of their community. Every year we support a different organization, to create awareness among our learners of the needs of others.
In 2018 we collected water for the drought-stricken Cape Town.
We visit old age homes and entertain our seniors with a short concert and spoil them with a treat and gifts.
We do an annual support project for our local KAWS (Knysna Animal Welfare)
- No learner may leave the school premises during the school day unless they are accompanied by an adult (must be signed out).
- Should a parent not be able to collect their child, staff must be informed either by WhatsApp or in writing.
- Learners must respect all staff and fellow learners. No rudeness or any other socially unacceptable behaviour is allowed.
- Learners must respect Knysna Primary Pre-Primary’s property at all times. No vandalism and intentional damage is accepted.
- No toys or pets are allowed to be brought to school.
- No stones or any other objects may be thrown.
- No eating on the playground is allowed
- No bullying or fighting is allowed
- No running inside the building
- Girls are only allowed to wear stud earrings
- Learners are encouraged to wear comfortable clothes to school.
- We recommend parents and teacher appointments in the afternoons.
We understand the importance of good nutritional habits.
The children are encouraged to drink water. Two short water breaks are given during the morning, for which a large water container is in the passage.
We encourage the children to eat healthy by providing healthier snacks from our tuck shop on Fridays. No sweets or fizzy drinks are allowed at school during the week, except on special occasions.
Parents are to provide a healthy lunch box daily.
TERMS AND TIMES
Gr RR & RRR
Monday to Friday 08:00 to 12:15
Monday to Friday 08:00 to 12:45
Children are to be collected and signed out at the back gate. Teachers must be informed of any exceptions.
Term 1: 19 January – 25 March
Term 2: 5 April – 24 June
Term 3: 19 July – 30 September
Term 4: 11 October – 15 December
Aftercare is a very important part of our school. It is a time for lunch and play, under the watchful eyes of our excellent staff.
Children are well prepared for Primary School through sound education covering all aspects of life.
Please follow us on Facebook for news, events and interact with us as we celebrate our children!